Funding Support

At Beaumont Healthcare we are aware that when starting care for yourself or a loved one the options for funding and payment can be confusing and daunting, and it is important to make the most informed decision possible.

Here are some of the options that are available to you when starting care to help you find the best way that suits you to help pay for the care that you need.

Council-led care

We work with many councils and social services teams to provide council-led care to a number of clients.

If you would like more information on our council-led care options, please get in touch to see how we can help.

If you are not eligible for council funded care, get in touch to find out how our Beaumont Select service can help you get the care you require.

Private care with Beaumont Select

Beaumont offers private care through its ‘Beaumont Select’ service which allows you to be in control and make your own decisions about your care and how your needs are met.

Direct payments

If you have been assessed by social services and it was agreed that you are in need of care, social services will allocate a company to provide that care. If, for any reason, you do not want to receive care from that company you can apply for direct payments and choose the care provider you prefer instead.

This means that you don’t have to accept the care provider that social services commissions. You can make your own choice of care provider – such as Beaumont– at no extra cost to you.

You can apply for direct payments even if you have begun receiving care from a care provider chosen by social services. You can just choose to have a different care provider.

Direct payments put you in control and mean that you can make decisions about your care and how your needs are met. With Beaumont, you can adapt your care to suit your lifestyle and ‘bank’ your hours of allocated care to form full or half days of consolidated care and take a short out of town trip with your carer, for example.

How do direct payments work?

Through direct payments the local council will pay an agreed amount directly either to you or to a friend or relative that you wish to look after the money.

You can select the person or company that provides your care and then you pay for the care using the money provided by the local council.

As with the care provided by social services, direct payments are means-tested.

You will need to keep records of how the money is being spent – the money you receive is for the sole purpose of meeting your care needs and the council will ask you to account for the money.

You will be told what records need to be kept – for example receipts for services provided by a care company – but if this is not something you feel you can manage by yourself then you can ask a friend or family member to help.

What if I need help?

If you would like to receive direct payments but think you may need help managing the funds, you can arrange for the money to be sent to a friend or relative of your choice, or your local council can provide help if needed.

How do I find out more?

For more information on direct payments call the Department of Health Customer Service Centre on 020 7210 4850 or go to and type ‘direct payments’ into the search bar.

If you currently receive care funded by social services and would like to find out if you are eligible to receive direct payments, contact your local council or ask your social worker.

For more information on our Beaumont Select service, please contact us. We would be delighted to discuss your needs and how we can help.

Other services

Community Navigators are local volunteers or members of organisations who help older people find their way to activities or services which they would enjoy or find useful. To contact a Community Navigator call Care Network on 01954 212 100 or e-mail:

Age UK offers some useful information on care at home. Click here to find out more.